Assistant Accountant - £20,000 - £25,000 plus bonus and company benefits
We are looking for someone to join the finance team as an Assistant Accountant. This is an excellent entry into a financial accounting and reporting role, and will develop over time to ensure a well-rounded experience and development. It will require close work with other members of the finance and operational teams. Its an office based role in Ashton-under-Lyne, working Monday – Friday office hours.
You will ensure that the accounting systems properly record the trading performance and financial transactions of each company comprising the Groups business and to ensure that all financial reporting properly complies with best practice and rules applicable to UK Listed businesses, including IFRS and the Companies Act.
Ideally you will be studying or have an appetite to study for an accounting qualification. Previous treasury and/or cash and banking experience desirable in a high-volume transactional environment.
- Complete weekly and monthly Bank Reconciliations for all accounts
- Complete ownership of cashbook process, ensuring all journals are posted and reconciled
- Management of company banking details, limits, and authorisations levels
- Preparing inter-company and other bank bacs/chaps transfers daily or as required
- Managing the period end reconciliation and closure process
Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Daily and weekly reviews of brand revenue and production of weekly statements and invoices
- Investigation and resolution of reconciliation differences and queries, including timing differences, missed postings etc.
- Sage System journals
- Assist in the annual audit and year-end process
- Monthly reviews and analysis of balance sheet and production of monthly pack
- Assistance in growth strategy and acquisitions, as applicable
Processes and controls
- Initiating the implementation of process improvements, making best use of existing or new systems, and implementing improved efficiency and robustness to end to end processes
- Provide financial assistance and support for key decision making with regards to new processes and business concepts
- Continual improvement, documentation and development of business processes and monitor internal controls
Areas of Responsibility:
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Responding to all site queries on a day to day basis
- Be a key point of liaison for cash related queries from the purchase ledger team and management accounting team
- Key contact to external traders at brands
- Development to allow experience in all core areas of financial accounting and reporting, including fixed assets, creditors and debtors, IFRS 16, tax etc.
- Purpose: We create fun and memorable experiences with our teams and our guests
- Vision: The place where everyone wants to be
- Values: Integrity, Ambition, Recognition, Fun
The Revolution Bar Group operates Revolution Bars & Revolucion De Cuba Bars. Currently made up of over 65 sites nationwide this is a very exciting time to join our award winning company.