Revolution Bars Group - IT/EPOS Helpdesk Supervisor
IT Helpdesk Supervisor - £25,000 + £2,600 out of hours
Leading an internal IT Helpdesk in an exciting and growing company, you’ll be supporting users at all levels of the company with their IT needs. This will include supporting EPOS and payment devices of 65+ remote sites. You’ll be responsible for supervising the IT helpdesk and help deliver day-to-day IT and EPOS support but also have opportunities to be involved in project work and attend new site installs.
Why work here?
- Access to a suite of employee benefits, including high street discounts, financial support and our Employee Assistance Programme
- A 50% discount card for use in all Revolution and Revolucion de Cuba bars across the UK
- Expanding company with huge development opportunities
- To be responsible for the day-to-day performance of a team of helpdesk analysts including call monitoring and allocation, 1-2-1's, mentoring, objective setting, absence management, and planning.
- Identify issues and pro-actively offer solutions to improve performance.
- Be responsible for the effective supervision of the helpdesk, ensuring calls are answered in a timely manner, calls logged accurately and promptly, that all information held is correct, procedures are written and that the processes are followed by the analysts.
- Ensure excellent customer service is always delivered.
- Use analytical skills to monitor call handling stats & take action to resolve.
- Liaise with IT Manager & team to communicate key areas of focus daily/ weekly and provide the team with key information.
- Ensure that the helpdesk team is adequately skilled and that all training requirements are completed.
- Prioritise daily tasks and raise any concerns with the IT Manager.
- Act as a point of escalation.
- Develop working relationships & improve communication with the helpdesk team, IT department, IT management, other support centre departments, sites and senior management.
- Develop strong working relationships with suppliers.
- Project manage and carry out menu changes, software upgrades, equipment rollouts, etc. when required.
- Support 2nd Line Support staff in projects, testing and rollouts.
- Onsite installs.
- The helpdesk supervisor will also carry out the duties of a helpdesk analyst. These include receiving, analysing and managing customer support issues via telephone, email or in person and carrying out 1st Line diagnostics on customer support calls.
- Out of hours support on a rota basis.
- A flexible, positive and "can do" attitude.
- An approachable, methodical and calm personality.
- An aptitude for problem solving and the application of logic.
- Confident telephone manner.
- Previous Supervisor/Team Leader experience advantageous.
- Previous EPOS Helpdesk experience advantageous.
- Previous IT Support experience advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong Customer service ethos.
- Ability to work to deadlines and effective time management.
- Willingness to adapt to any situation.
- Willingness to learn.
- Experience in creating IT and Training documentation
- Configuring/Supporting/Troubleshooting PCs, laptops, tablets, smart devices, printers and networks.
- Configuring/Supporting/Troubleshooting EPOS software/hardware and Payment devices.
- Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Microsoft Office suite.
- Willingness to travel as/when required.
- Clean driving licence.
- EPOS experience beneficial but not essential.
- Experience within the Hospitality/Retail industry advantageous.